10 Great Fitness Quotes for Motivation
Keeping yourself motivated for a long duration is not a simple task. There will be times when you will derail from your goals, lose focus or stop pushing yourself.
Our mind is a very lazy being. It wants to preserve as much energy as possible and doesn’t like to be pushed outside of its comfort zone.
Whenever you will try to push yourself beyond the fatigue, pain and boredom, your brain will give you hundreds of rational arguments of why you should quit, how this is just a waste of time and there are better and more comfortable things to do other than this.
It’s the motivation that gives you the determination to persist through all those shadows of doubt.
Even the top athletes need motivation from time to time to perform at the best of their abilities. That’s why you should have a dose of motivation regularly.
Here are a few great quotes to keep you focused and move forward towards achieving your fitness goals.
1.Get Started – There is no right time to start. The more you will delay it the more you are going to regret it. As the old Chinese proverb goes -‘ The best time to grow a tree was 20 years ago and the second-best time is right now’.
Stop making excuses and just get started.
2. Be Committed – Be hundred percent committed to your goal if you want to see some real progress.
3.Suffer – Pain is a great teacher. It will reveal to you, your weakness and inner strength. You will know what you are truly made off. As Arnold Schwarzenegger famously said
4.Giving up is not an option – Doesn’t matter how long it will take. If you think your dreams are worth pursuing; just keep at it.
5.Get out of your comfort zone – If you want to know your true potential you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone. Besides, nothing great will ever come from remaining where you are and never try to push yourself further.
6. Discipline yourself- You are not always going to be in a positive state of mind and without self-discipline you will derail from your goals sooner or later. It takes a lot of effort to do the right thing even when you don’t feel like it.
7. No Limits – When you push yourself beyond what you thought you were capable of you will realize that there are no limits and there is more to you than you thought. That’s your true strength, which is limitless.
8. Don’t be afraid of Failures – Most people hold themselves back because of the fear of making mistakes or being ridiculed by others. You will never learn anything new or worthwhile if you don’t allow yourself to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes.
9.Don’t lose Hope – It’s ok if you had a setback but don’t let it discourage you from trying one more time. Doesn’t matter how bad the situation may seem, but if you persist you will overcome it.
10. Everyone should Train – This one is my personal favorite quote. Socrates (469/470-399 BCE) was a famous greek philosopher and is considered to be the father of western philosophy. What amazes me is, even in that era he realized the importance of exercise and fitness. The quote itself speaks a thousand words.
What is your favorite quote that motivates you?